Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Our vision is to use biotechnology to make better-performing alpine products, engineered to live up to the rigors of true backcountry explorers. We start by understanding what nature offers, seeking to discover new performance characteristics out of previously unexplored biologically derived oils. We use these oils to create new materials that can match and exceed the performance of petroleum-based options.
About the Role
WNDR Alpine is looking for a Full-Time motivated, organized and detail-oriented Research Associate to assist in general laboratory activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting daily activities involved in supporting small scale production of polymer formulation, fulfilling sampling requests and customer support, and supporting material science research activities.
You will operate in a key role; cross-functional through the organization with our brand and other key Checkerspot technology material applications.
- Preparing small scale production, prototyping and sampling batches of polymer and pre-polymer formulations
- Accurately weighing out chemicals on bulk and research scales
- Keeping accurate records of polymer batches
- Accounting of chemical usage
- Inventory management and stocking of lab consumables
- Assist with creating a culture of safety and maintaining an orderly lab
- Provide assistance to manager, commercial, finance and legal teams to maintain a structured system to fulfill customer sample requests
- Assist in the design and execution of research experiments
- Sample preparation
- Sample testing by DMA, Instron, Charpy/Izod, and other testing methods
- Review existing processes and recommend appropriate changes
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of relevant experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related discipline
- Comfortable working independently as well as in team settings
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed protocols
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and capable of managing multiple priorities while meeting expected deadlines
- Highly motivated and possessing an excellent work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products and Google platform
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, mission oriented environment, with multiple competing priorities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Comfortable working in a hands-on production and or lab environment
You will report to:
Manager, Material Science and Applications Development
We expect you to:
- Be interested in future trends, technology, product concepts, and environmental advocacy.
- Be organized and methodical and able to manage different projects at the same time
- Work well under pressure, and enjoy working in a busy, deadline-driven, entrepreneurial and creative environment
- You need to have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills since you will be working with stakeholders throughout the whole organization of Checkerspot.
- Have good presentation skills
- Be strong and focused in your decision-making, be creative and solution-oriented
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working for a global and fast growth company in a creative environment, this job is a perfect match for you.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We´re looking forward to your application!