Title: Product Specialist 1
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Supervisor: Director of Product Innovation
We seek an experienced set of hands to help us further develop our technologies, and currently, thats help us build skis! We want you to be, just like us, super passionate about developing products that our customers love, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where one day is not like the other.
Part preparation, ski press size change/adjustment and lay-up of skis:
- Ability to read production ticket and set up press accordingly
- Pre press cleaning
- Cassette cleaning
- Press changes and set up
- Dry fitting of pieces
- Core alignment, tail block fit, tip fill fit, graphic fit
- Base alignment on cassette
- Cutting appropriate laminates (specified on tickets)
- Mixing epoxy
- Lay up
- In press monitoring
- Temperature checks, pressure checks
- Pancake split (using band saw)
Ski Shaping and Finishing
- Remove excess material from outside edge of ski
- Bevel the sidewall using a router and sander
- Hand sand and round top sheet
- Varnish and stamp sidewalls with initials
- Ski Prep and Tuning
- Package skis for shipment, use shipping system, place in goodies.
- Workshop, Backshop or a Production facility minimum of 5 years
- Carpentry/woodshop experience
- Fiberglass/laminate experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ski design and industry experience a big plus
- Experience in Winter sports, retail or work with fast moving consumer goods is preferred.
JOIN OUR TEAM
If you are interested in joining us at WNDR Alpine (Checkerspot Design Lab) in Salt Lake City, please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.