Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Our vision is to use biotechnology to make better-performing alpine products, engineered to live up to the rigors of true backcountry explorers. We started by understanding what nature offers that we can use to create new materials that match and exceed petroleum-based options. Our dedicated team of scientists and athletes created a new algae-based composite—from the molecule up—that delivers better performance when integrated into a ski. And we’re just getting started. Our technology platform enables the creation of an array of new materials from nature’s own building blocks that are using to engineer new bio-fabricated products in the outdoor industry, and beyond. We invite you to tread lightly and charge harder, without compromise.
About the Role
WNDR Alpine is now looking for an experienced set of hands to help us build skis. We want you to be, just like us, super passionate about developing products that our customers love, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where one day is not like the other.
You will operate in a key role; cross-functional through the organization with our brand and other key Checkerspot technology material applications.
Full benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Part preparation, ski press size change/adjustment and lay-up of skis
- Ability to read production ticket and set up press accordingly
- Pre press cleaning
- Cassette cleaning
- Press changes and set up
- Dry fitting of pieces
- Core alignment, tail block fit, tip fill fit, graphic fit
- Base alignment on cassette
- Cutting appropriate laminates (specified on tickets)
- Mixing epoxy
- Lay up
- In press monitoring
- Temperature checks, pressure checks
- Pancake split (using band saw)
Ski Shaping and Finishing
- Remove excess material from outside edge of ski
- Bevel the sidewall using a router and sander
- Hand sand and round top sheet
- Varnish and stamp sidewalls with initials
- Ski Prep and Tuning
- Package skis for shipment, use shipping system, place in goodies.
You will report to:
Director of Manufacturing
- Work in Shop or manufacturing facility minimum of 5 years.
- Carpentry/woodshop experience
- Fiberglass/laminate experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ski design and industry experience a big plus
- Experience in Winter sports, retail or work with fast moving consumer goods is preferred.
We expect you to:
- Be interested in future trends, technology, product concepts, and environmental advocacy.
- Be organized and methodical and able to manage different projects at the same time
- Work well under pressure, and enjoy working in a busy, deadline-driven, entrepreneurial and creative environment
- You need to have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills since you will be working stakeholders throughout the whole organization of Checkerspot.
- Have good presentation skills
- Be strong and focused in your decision-making, be creative and solution-oriented
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working for a global and fast growth company in a creative environment, this job is a perfect match for you.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We´re looking forward to your application!