*This event is full*
I'm sorry to inform you that this event has reached capacity. Check our events page for other events in your area. We hope you will join us next season!
The Roost is our premiere 3-day event that harnesses the intelligence, know-how and expertise of our local guides and ambassadors. It is geared to provide a space of learning, connection, fun and camaraderie in the mountains. The Wasatch is a small yet dense range that offers a multitude of terrain options that caters to your ability level. Due to the nature of this event there are limited spots available so sign up before its too late! Did we mention it's FREE... Oh yeah, this is how much we appreciate your business and our way of saying thanks.
• 3 consecutive inspiring days of touring with the WNDR Alpine community in the Wasatch
• Conversations and education surrounding terrain assessment, communication, individual strengths that contribute to group dynamics, and more.
• Mindful movement - Prior to each day, a half hour light yoga/mindfulness session will be available. Bring your mat!
• Snow safety - We will gather each morning to discuss the forecast for the day with Utah Avalanche Center’s Nikki Champion and Certified Ski Guide Emilie Drinkwater and Dan Corn.
• Tour of the Checkerspot Design Lab in Salt Lake City - Material science meets ski building meets responsibility. Take a look through the eyes of WNDR Alpine with an intimate peek into the future of biobased materials, ski design, and manufacturing circularity.
• Apres beverages, dinner, and party
• Tips and tricks - Efficiency, situational awareness, pole flips, transitioning, layering and much more...
This is an invite to come backcountry skiing with us at our favorite local spots - it is not an all-expenses-paid, guided expedition. As always, all of the standard inherent risks of backcountry travel apply, including but not limited to avalanche risk, exposure, altitude, unforeseen obstacles, and variable weather conditions. We intend to create an environment of safe and responsible decision making for all. However, the inherent risk you assume is your own. Inappropriate safety equipment, or lack of ability to use this equipment may bar you from participation.
• You are responsible for your own transportation and lodging.
• If you purchase within our given window, your name will be entered, and you will receive an invite via your email.
• Additionally, expect to sign a liability waiver and model release form, as we may film some of our skiing.
• We are planning this event with regard to necessary social distancing protocol. You can expect us to take this safety measure seriously in the execution of all aspects of the Roost.