The Roost is our premiere 3-day event that harnesses the intelligence, know-how and expertise of our local guides and ambassadors. It is geared to provide a space of learning, connection, fun and camaraderie in the mountains. The Wasatch is a small yet dense range that offers a multitude of terrain options that caters to your ability level. The Roost is by and for the WNDR Alpine community - it's our way of saying thanks.
• 3 consecutive inspiring days of touring with the WNDR Alpine Community.
• Conversations and education on route finding, terrain assessment, communication and personal strengths that contribute to group dynamics, heuristics and more.
• Mindful Movement - (optional) morning yoga and mindfulness session to prepare you physically and mentally for each days objective.
• Snow Safety Meeting - Current snowpack considerations and forecasting provided by Utah Avalanche Center's Nikki Champion.
• Tour of the Checkerspot Design Lab in Salt Lake City with a presentation by co-founder and CEO Charles Dimmler.
• Apres beverages, dinner and party.
• Tips and Tricks from seasoned veterans.
*Please Note* SNOWSHOES ARE NOT ALLOWED - WNDR Alpine splitboards or ski touring equipment are required!
• This is an invite to come backcountry skiing and splitboarding with us at our favorite local spots - it is not an all-expenses-paid event. As always, all of the standard inherent risks of backcountry travel apply, including but not limited to avalanche risk, exposure, altitude, unforeseen obstacles, and variable weather conditions. We intend to create an environment of safe and responsible decision making for all. However, the inherent risk you assume is your own. Inappropriate safety equipment, or lack of ability to use this equipment may bar you from participation.
• You are responsible for your own transportation to and from our headquarters (transportation will be provided to and from the trailhead).
• You are also responsible for your own lodging (discounted lodging will be available at the evo Hotel, located in close proximity to our headquarters).
• Once registered you will receive a follow up email with a liability waiver a model release form and survey so we can get to know you prior to the event.
• Purchase of any 22/23 ski or board is required to attend this event.
• A deposit of $250 is also required to reserve your spot in the event. Your deposit will be refunded after the event concludes. If you cancel within a month prior to the event, you will not receive a refund. Certain exceptions will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Want to join?
• A high level of physical fitness is a prerequisite. You must be able to ski tour for 3 consecutive days with average ascents of 5,000 ft per day.
• Formal avalanche education is not required yet highly encouraged.