Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Our vision is to use biotechnology to make better-performing alpine products, engineered to live up to the rigors of true backcountry explorers. We started by understanding what nature offers that we can use to create new materials that match and exceed petroleum-based options. Our dedicated team of scientists and athletes created a new algae-based composite—from the molecule up—that delivers better performance when integrated into a ski. And we’re just getting started. Our technology platform enables the creation of an array of new materials from nature’s own building blocks that are used to engineer new bio-fabricated products in the outdoor industry, and beyond. We invite you to tread lighter and charge harder, without compromise.
About the Role
Checkerspot Design Lab is looking for a talented and motivated person to join our team as a Fabricator and Lab Tech. The ideal shop fabricator can fix or build anything. He or she should take ownership in our facility and care about its success. A fabricator must understand that their role is a dynamic one, and responsibilities change depending on the facility’s needs.
Full benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Fabricate - Templates, Carts, Machines, Shop Maintenance, welding, woodworking, hand tools, power tools, measure, drill, cut…
- Lab tech - Build test machines, Run tests, record data.
- Ski build - Prototypes and Production when needed.
- Provide hands-on support with solving daily production issues as well as supporting continuous improvement processes with recommend solutions to address capacity, cost and quality.
- Partner with Technology and Engineer to meet production schedules, including troubleshooting and identification of root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Demonstrate a leadership position within the company to assist and teach team members basic preventative maintenance procedures and adjustments to settings to improve efficiency
- Identify process improvements resulting in cost savings, efficiency improvements, and quality or safety improvements
- Must work in a safe manner and comply with all health, safety, security and emergency requirements. – Assesses workplace safety and coordinates with the management team to remedy any recognized potentially unsafe conditions.
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and any/all established processes, whether established by manager, by the company or by law. Works with the management team to resolve any known conditions potentially affecting safety or product quality.
- Execute minor projects as needed to address facility or production equipment modifications and assist other areas of production or other Design Lab projects as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Must be able to measure, cut, weld, finish metal work.
- Have working knowledge of machines, pneumatics, electronics, CNC.
- Have working knowledge of google docs and MS Excel.
You will report to:
Director of Manufacturing
We expect you to:
- Be interested in future trends, technology, product concepts, and environmental advocacy.
- Be organized and methodical and able to manage different projects at the same time
- Work well under pressure, and enjoy working in a busy, deadline-driven, entrepreneurial and creative environment
- You need to have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills since you will be working stakeholders throughout the whole organization of Checkerspot.
- Have good presentation skills
- Be strong and focused in your decision-making, be creative and solution-oriented
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working for a global and fast growth company in a creative environment, this job is a perfect match for you.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We´re looking forward to your application!