Title: CAD Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Supervisor: Director of Product Innovation
Founded in 2016, Checkerspot is a high-performance materials company that designs materials at a molecular level. We do this by optimizing microbes to bio manufacture unique structural oils discovered in nature, but not previously accessible commercially. Our first materials are next generation polyurethanes and textile coatings/finishes designed to improve the performance of consumer products. Our Mission is to expand the palette of molecular building blocks for high performance and sustainable materials. Our Vision is one of empowerment: to deliver unique, inspiring technologies and materials into the creative hands of fabricators and designers, the makers that conceive the next generation of high-performance products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic, team oriented, problem solver to join our team with a combination of an entrepreneurial mindset and a drive to build business.
Our CAD Technician is involved in many technical areas. You are the technical resources for our engineering and production staff. You use Fusion360 to build models, design parts, generate nc files, and provide shop drawings. You are a Fusion master!
We want you to be, just like us, super passionate about developing products that our customers love. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where one day is not like the other, this is the place for you. This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact in a fun, fast growing, entrepreneurial company.
Proficient in Autodesk Fusion360.
Work closely with engineers, managers and other staff to
- Design parts, models, and assemblies using set constraints
- Provide drawings for approval
- Create .nc files that are easily understandable
- Modify post-processor
- Cut tooling and part to verify your designs
- Proficiency and experience in Autodesk Fusion360
- Sketchup knowledge is a bonus
- experience working in a shop or manufacturing facility
- Carpentry/woodshop experience
- Fiberglass/laminate experience
- Ski design and industry experience is a big plus
- Experience in Winter sports, retail or work involving fast moving consumer goods is preferred
- Organized and methodical; able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Comfortable working in a busy, deadline-driven, entrepreneurial and creative environment
- Great interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Creative and solutions oriented
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
JOIN OUR TEAM