About the position
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Our vision is to use biotechnology to make better-performing alpine products, engineered to live up to the rigors of true backcountry explorers. We started by understanding what nature offers that we can use to create new materials that match and exceed petroleum-based options. Our dedicated team of scientists and athletes created a new algae-based composite—from the molecule up—that delivers better performance when integrated into a ski. And we’re just getting started. Our technology platform enables the creation of an array of new materials from nature’s own building blocks that are being used to engineer new bio-fabricated products in the outdoor industry, and beyond. We invite you to tread lightly and charge harder, without compromise.
About the role
WNDR Alpine is now looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our Brand & Marketing team. We want you to be, just like us, super passionate about developing products that our customers love, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where one day is not like the other.
You will operate in a key role, cross-functional through the organization with our brand and other key Checkerspot and WNDR Alpine stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the local marketing plan and ensuring brand consistency when executing global brand strategies. You will be based in SLC with occasional travel to California and on trips to support content creation.
This position will be a key player in establishing and building the WNDR Alpine brand in the North American market to start, and to deliver on defined short and long-term brand and business objectives. The Marketing Manager is responsible for local marketing strategy and plans, developing and implementing integrated brand communication in all relevant channels. The ideal candidate has a holistic Brand Management approach – understanding the importance that communication, product assortment, pricing and distribution are aligned with overall global brand direction. Key in the position is to ensure synergies across product categories and secure holistic brand experiences in all interaction points that effectively build the desired brand positions in our key target groups minds.
• Responsible for developing and executing overall marketing strategy and set priorities for WNDR Alpine in core markets
• Marketing plan development –together with sales, create a fully integrated sales and marketing plan that ensures local relevance while adhering to global brand strategy and guidelines
• Ensure global brand consistency, impact and relevance when localizing/adapting brand communication.
• Responsible for local marketing investment (in sync with sales and marketing budgets)
• Develop and implement local brand communication and media strategies (owned, earned, shared and bought media) that effectively builds the desired brand position
• Monitor brand health and performance and ensure development in line with defined brand objectives & KPI´s.
• Support Brand Director in developing a comprehensive long term growth plan for the markets.
• Together with Brand Director drive domestic go-to-market strategies and implement activations to support the commercial calendar and drive sell-out in all relevant channels.
• Keep track of overall consumer & category trends and competitor activity as well as ensure key market insights. Define consumer insights and market research needs.
• Identity and drive implementation of continuous marketing improvements
• Manage local agencies, recommend partners and negotiate agreements
You will report to: Brand Director
• Have 5-7 years ecommerce marketing experience with leading companies, where strong brand building is essential for business success. Experience in brand/or product marketing, digital marketing, PR and social media/influencer marketing.
• Bachelor degree in business/marketing
• A proven track record of successfully executing global brand strategies in markets
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Problem solving skills
• Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills, but with a hands on approach
• Strong business acumen and understanding
• Proactive, self motivating and energetic
• Experience and/or strong interest in working with sporting brands and understanding of WNDR Alpine’s ambition.
• Experience in Winter sports, retail or work with fast moving consumer goods is preferred.
We expect you to:
• Be interested in future trends, technology, product concepts, environmental advocacy.
• Be organized and methodical and able to manage different projects at the same time
• Work well under pressure, and enjoy working in a busy, deadline-driven, entrepreneurial and creative environment
• You need to have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills since you will be working stakeholders throughout the whole organization of Checkerspot.
• Have good presentation skills
• Be strong and focused in your decision-making, be creative and solution-oriented
• Be able to travel
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of working for a global and fast growth company in a creative environment, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
To apply, email us at the link below with the job title in the subject line.
WNDR Alpine is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.