2:14 min watch
- Lengths: 164, 171, 178, 185, 192cm
- Dimensions (Tip-Waist-Tail): 136-110-128mm
- Radius: 17m @ 164cm, 19m @ 171cm, 21.5m @ 178cm, 22.5m @ 185cm, 23.5m @ 192cm
- Weight (per ski): 2000 grams/4.4 pounds @ 185cm length
- Flex: Medium overall with slightly stiffer tail than tips
- Camber profiles: Rocker-Camber-Rocker or Full Reverse Camber
- Intended Use: Backcountry, Big Mountain, Diverse Terrain and Snowpack
- Artist: Christian McCarthy Johansen
Photos (L to R): David Reddick, David Reddick, Pep Fujas
- Strength, Stiffness and Binding Retention data.
- Utilizes novel biobased materials derived from microalgae, designed from the ground up for ski performance. See our Biotechnology section below for further details.
- Gentle rocker lines paired with a medium turn radius result in a ski built for effortless slashing and pivoting.
- Designed, developed, tested, and fabricated in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Two camber profiles available for each length. Choose a shape for your skiing style - positive camber for widespread versatility and stability or reverse camber for the ultimate in playful, off-piste flotation.
- Our Algal Core is a composite of vertically laminated, domestically sourced aspen sandwiched between high-density, algal polyurethane stringers which ensure a solid but lightweight platform. Biobased carbon content is 41.58% by ASTM D6866.
- Updated Algal Wall sidewalls are made utilizing a proprietary biobased cast polyurethane, engineered to improve edge hold and stability, while also increasing bondline strength over traditional materials, all while improving biobased content and durability over last year’s Algal Wall. Algal Wall utilizes a novel manufacturing technique that diverts plastic waste from the landfill compared to ABS plastic sidewalls. Biobased carbon content 68.89% by ASTM D6866. See why it's better.
- Biobased Super Sap® technology replaces traditional petroleum-based resin systems. We use Entropy Resins® to minimize the carbon footprint of our products. The certified bio-based content per ASTM D6866 of the ER-305 Resin is ~28%.
- Binding Plate: Domestically sourced hardwood insert that’s 550mm long by 60mm wide and 4/5mm thick to avoid pullouts.
- Edges: Industry standard 2.2mm hardened steel
- Base Material: Black sintered high carbon UHMW treated with a penetrating biodegradable (No PFCs) all temp application provides long lasting performance without toxic chemical impact.
- Tailblock: Updated 6.5mm thick with flush seams and skin tail notch
- Composite: Triax woven fiberglass
- Topsheet: Laminated ~51% ASTM D6866 biobased nylon and polyethylene textured topsheet
WHY WE'RE DIFFERENT
|Length (straight tape)||cm||na||162.5||169.5||176.6||183.8||190.9|
|Midsole from Tail Notch Center||mm||na||744||779||814||849||884|
|Waist to Mount Point||mm||na||10||10||10||10||10|
Photo Credit: Adam Clark