Photo: Carson Meyer (@carsonmeyerphoto)
Freeskier, industry veteran, founder of WNDR Alpine
My love affair with skiing started on the icy slopes of Wilmot Mountain, a small little town hill on the Illinois and Wisconsin state border.
I loved the escape from team sports, spending all day outside during the winter months, and taking flight with seemingly minimal equipment. I navigated a competitive path in freestyle skiing that led me to Squaw Valley and eventually competing around the world, which leads me to where I live now, in the foothills of the Wasatch Mtns in Salt Lake City.
During the height of my professional freeskiing career, I saw a lack of leadership in driving the freeskiing segment from the brand level so I started my own called 4FRNT. I invited my peers to design skis with me and together we progressed this age old sport into what has become the new norm. This experience has shaped me into who I am as a skier, and fueled my motivation to seek out alternative pathways in ski building with our team at WNDR Alpine.
Salt Lake City, UT
- 1st Soul City Big Air, Vienna AT 2000
- 1st Spring Snow Jam, Squaw Valley CA 2001
- Top 10 X Games Slopestyle, Aspen CO 2002
- Film Segments in Level 1 Productions and TGR movies
- Becoming a Dad, 2010
- Excellence in Design Award, SLC 2015
- Top 40 under 40, Business Utah, 2017
- Authored a children's book, published 2018
- Powder Awards Host, 2018
- Competed in Amateur National Motocross Championship, Hurricane Mills TN, 2019